Wednesday, February 5, 2014

When thorns press


Do you live in the midst of circumstances that never seem to change no matter how hard you pray as thorns press and pain your soul?

You are not alone, God did not remove Paul's thorn.
 "There was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.  Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."        2 Corinthians 12:7-9 NIV

Imperfect lives and visible unchanged messy places where God seems silent.  But are we missing something besides the obvious?  The obvious being that we have become so enamored with the outward successes, the life-changing testimonies of many "guest speakers" that our eyes cannot see the bigger picture at work, of God's transforming miracles within the interior of our souls.


"The thorns that seem to hem us in are in reality placed there to close us in to God himself, to protect us from evil, to provide us with sanctuary in the midst of a troubled world." Margaret Clarkson

Broken can be beautiful when we allow it to release the fragrance if Christ.




Continue reading the series here:
The start, broken can be beautiful
Part 3:  Walled in
Part 4:  When floods flow
Part 5:  Broken beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment