Thursday, November 7, 2013

A heart that seeks home



Grey swirling fog caresses my feet as I walk along the pathway. Softly I am wrapped in the arms of mist as it settles like a warm blanket bringing comfort in the quietness. 

Gentle kisses drop like jewels upon my face. In the shelter of this fog I am held close; safe within its hazy depths. Smudged are the edges of my thoughts as I stand silently in the stillness. With dimmed eyes I search for Him as a heart that seeks a home. 

Distorted shapes attempt to shroud what my soul seeks. Flickering light illuminates the truth of what I now can see. Sounds of stillness encompass my heart with peace as echoes reverberate within my soul; His eye never leaves me. 

The fog is a sacred gift wrapped with misty tendrils that curl with His love. Quieted now by the fog’s embrace my mind can hear the muffled sound of approaching footsteps. On the wisp of the wind He comes.

God’s eye is on those who respect him, the ones who are looking for his love. He’s ready to come to their rescue in bad times; in lean times he keeps body and soul together. Psalm 33:18-19 msg 



 

4 comments:

  1. I can feel the mist on my face, breathe the fresh air, and hear His footsteps approaching. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. Imagining the sea is my "happy place".

      Delete
  2. Hi Maria! That mist is a real gift...I think it's good that I can't always see where I'm going. I have to trust that God is in that mist, and holds me on my way.

    Lovely post!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Ceil, there is more trusting when we cannot see. Have a beautiful day my friend.

      Delete