Sunday, November 11, 2012

A prayer for you


Sometimes it is hard to find the "right" words to express our heart and at times I have used the words of others to release all what is in my heart.  Please feel free to personalize, to share, to reprint the following prayer for yourself or for a loved one.


Father, You drew me to yourself when I didn't even know You.
It is You who gives my life depth and meaning.
When I look back over the span of my life - it is only You who has kept me.
You call me Your very own.
What this season of life will bring - only You know.
I put my trust in You.
Above all I want my life to honour You
Let me be a worthy image bearer of You.


Bind up my wounds,
Heal the hurts of my heart.
Perform and fulfill Your words to me.
Whispered promises given in the quiet dawn of each new day.


I am Your child, chosen and beloved.
At times my heart is bowed with remembered sorrow and shame
You gently lift up my head and wipe away each tear that falls
Catching them in Your nail-scarred hands.


Father, I come before Your throne of Grace
Who am I that You should love me so!
Yet You do.
I want to learn from You
I want to learn of You.


How I love Your word, Father.

How You reveal Yourself like nuggets of gold
Treasures to dig for, gems to seek.

Your truths shape me, heal me and change me.

There is so much I don't understand about this season of my life
But one thing I know - You are here, with me.
Your angels stand guard
Protecting against the onslaught of the evil one.

I'm learning to let go of the reins of my life
Letting go and letting You work freely.
You are the anchor of my soul.

I rejoice in You
You are my shelter, my hiding place
My Saviour
My God and my King
And I will worship You with the sacrifices of praise.

1 comment:

  1. Loving surrender of prayer to the Lord...thank you for sharing of yourself and your heartfelt thoughts with us to help us on our journey to the Lord...this is beautiful Maria, love sista Gail

    ReplyDelete