Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What is the allure of blogs?




Why do I write and why does anyone ever read what I write?  I mean, my blog is one blog in an ocean full of blogs.  There are beautiful blogs about homes and hobbies.  Blogs about families and singers mixed in with a myriad other categories.  There are blogs that preach, teach and exhort. 

Every few months I take stock to ask myself “why”.  It’s definitely not for recognition and status.  If you are seeking to read words of someone you think “has answers”, it is not me.  I am no great leader, author, speaker or dispenser of wisdom.  I’m someone who simply loves Jesus and who firmly believes that He loves us lavishly, deeply and thoroughly. 

I write because words stir within my soul.  Sometimes I cannot sleep until I give them expression.  Often the words are the prayers of my heart to Him and for the reader whose heart seeks after Him.

I write because He nudged me to share publicly what I have often written privately, on pen and parchment within the covers of many journals.

I write because it stretches me and moves me far away from my comfort zones. 

I am a signpost on this journey of faith that points others to Him.

I am a clay vessel that pours out the treasures that He has given in offering to others.

I write and miraculously you show up to read and to comment.  This humbles me, greatly.

Please, I am not concerned with compliments as I know I would write even if no-one ever reads. 

I am curious though in finding out why do you read blogs and what kind of blogs you like to read (this is not fishing for comments about my own), I really am curious. 

I would love to hear your comments.



4 comments:

  1. Blogs-- yes-- I do blog too!

    What I love are the Christian blogs--

    In Revelations 12:11
    It says: "They overcame him (Satan) because of the blood of the lamb and the word of their testimony."

    In congregations of the 1970s and '80s many opportunities were given to believers to speak their testimony of what Christ had done for them--
    now days I feel only the Pastor, Priest, etc. are allowed a voice-- and it's mostly about the 3 Ns--
    Nickels (tithing), Noises (music ministry) and Numbers (how many said the sinner's prayer).

    I get excited reading the blogs of real people-- who write about their faith-- I truly believe that is a form of ministry in itself.

    Keep on blogging!

    YOU ARE INVITED TO VISIT my blog where you will find my testimony and statement of faith as well as various topics the Lord has lead me to write.

    http://stuffyouadore.blogspot.com/

    FROM THE MANUFACTURER’S HANDBOOK

    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog you have here! hope you can check out mine when u get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comments and insight (and encouragement). I agree that there is power in sharing our testimony and the scripture reference you use is evident of that. Blessings to you and I will check out your blog. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linhy, thank you for taking time to read and to give such kind feedback on my blog. I will check yours out a swell. Thanks again, Maria

    ReplyDelete